Last year, my life was graduate school, and all of my goals surrounded theses and mad amounts of academic undergoings. My list this year is much shorter, but its desired results are less "step by step" and a few are going to take some serious elbow grease.
Also, hilarious and strangely helpful is this round-up: "20 Resolutions for 20-Somethings." (Number 18, for example, is "Back up your entire online life onto an external hard drive, especially your photos." Heck. Yes.)
And now... Some Things To Do in 2012!
3. Write and publish a romance novel under a hilarious pen name.
4. Catch up on book backlog. Read at least 60 books (that I already own!) Keep a reading journal! Also, get non-awful bookshelves and organize my over-flowing library.
6. Run a 5K.
7. Practice violin 2-3 times per week and start playing music with other humans again. (Read: Stop neglecting the music.)
9. Write more letters. Send more parcels. Communicate with long-distance friends extra-frequently.
10. Finally go on a weekend getaway to the country and be very, very quiet.