Summer. It's going by way too fast. Normally, I would be indifferent to this rapid passage of time but this particular summer, I have to turn in a book at the end. (Read: MAJOR PROJECT due for grad school.)
So, in order to think about something other than the poetry I should be writing RIGHT NOW, I'm going to take a breather and focus on things that have made me smile recently.
1) Late birthday presents! Two albums on vinyl:
2) I won two VIP tickets to the DeYoung, thanks to the awesome organization where I volunteer (Streetside Stories.)
3) Alex came to visit! I haven't seen him in SEVEN years. Highlights included breakfast at Jim's (my favorite diner), walking around "Sunday Streets" in my neighborhood, listening to 'Girls' and helping return lost four year old skaters to their parents.
4) Finished reading "Invisible Bride" by Tony Tost. This guy's poetry is off the chain. Highly recommended.
5) Mark sent me his new album (which is totally rad!) Finding this in my mailbox with accompanying note on Saturday was The Best.
6) NPR's "Tiny Desk Concerts." Seriously, check this link out. I've been blazing through all of these on my iPad - can't stop watching. Lightning Dust is particularly impressive.
7) I started a top-secret new crafting project that is turning out really well. I know, I know... not the right time to dive into a DIY-fest. But working on this (while watching Season 1 of True Blood - don't judge!) has provided some relaxing interludes. Pictures coming soon...