Per the request of the lovely Meg-Murph, we're going ROUND TWO on this puppy.
1) Afternoon tea at Neiman Marcus. Four of us got mega dolled up and Great Gatsby-ed our Sunday afternoon away. Everyone (except me) revealed that they are leaving San Francisco in the very near future. (Germany, New York City, and a national tour have pulled this posse in some very different directions.) Next outing before we effervesce: Crepes in Rockridge.
2) Homemade enchiladas! These bad boys were nothing short of lip-smacking bliss. Despite what you might think, two people CAN actually eat this entire pan of food by themselves... Oh dear.
3) So originally, this entry was just going to be "Scrabble." But look how many glorious things there are in this Saturday morning (e)pic? Coffee. Odwalla. PlayStation. (This particular match saw me use up all of my tiles to spell the word, "BROTHEL." That doesn't suck at all.)
4) I couldn't decide between two songs this week, so they're both going in. "Lola" by The Kinks and "Equalizer" by Clinic.
5) Dive-bar karaoke on school-nights. The Knockout's Monday night hipster-fest has the best catalogue I've seen yet. More Morphine than you can shake a stick at!
6) The only thing that keeps me from being terrified is that the driver has a PhD. That's got to count for something, right? "Doctors with Ducatis: A Memoir of Life in the Mission."
7) "Grapefruit" by Yoko Ono. This is really a lovely little book. Pocket-sized and to the point. (Drill a hole in this book. It's what she would want.)
8) "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men" - Some things show up just in time.
9) Making super-wild granny square afghans for my friends. How can you look at this and be sad? HOW? (Goal: Make the one pictured below.)
10) Gracias Madre! This great new vegan restaurant just popped up in my hood, and I've been swooning over the butternut squash quesadillas for days now. (Oh. And the mojitos? Crucial.)
Lots of LONG-WEEKEND love. This is going to be a good one...