- Relearn / experiment with my Vivitar 3800N (a sturdy, all-manual SLR camera) from high school
- Make miniature granny square blanket with tiny crochet hook and sock yarn.
- Finish queen-size teal/gold/brown ripple stitch afghan.
- Blog make-over - new banner, new "bonus pages", new layout
- Buy and build new bookshelves. (My IKEA shelf that I've had for five years collapsed on my foot this weekend.)
- Organize books by genre. Alphabetize within genre. Celebrate.
- Take pictures of completed blankets for Etsy shop. Open Etsy shop. Celebrate again.
- Bust out the sewing machine. Make whale and owl softies. Play.
Finish reading Tao Lin's "Bed."(Update: Finished 06/16/11 at lunch.)
- Finish reading Arielle Greenberg's "Gurlesque."
- Research crafting, blogging and writing conferences for the upcoming year. Get excited about them, pick some, register.
- Apply for fellowships. Apply for residencies. Send poems to journals for publication.
- Respond to emails. Respond to Facebook messages.
- Write letters to my friends. Make them beautiful. Mail.
Oh, and did I mention that I also work full-time? Keeping busy is the best, but of course a few extra hours wouldn't hurt.
What is your creative approach to procrastination?