Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crafting Treasure Trove

What an amazing weekend. My sister, the illustrious Kelly, came to visit from Cincinnati, and we had an absolute blast. We ate Indian Pizza, went to an independently curated film event, brunched in the Castro with wonderful friends, and walked all over my neighborhood to take in the sights.  Kelly was celebrating her recent birthday, and I was celebrating the recent end of grad school, so there was no excuse not to kick back and spend two days doing nothing but having fun. 

AND she brought me a total treasure trove of crafty love!  Books galore, some really fancy yarn, and a hand-stitched mermaid that I have been dying for her to make me.
!!!
Now that I don't have classes, I think it's pretty clear from the picture above what I'm going to be doing with my free time.
So. So. Cute. I love her.
Also, I started a new afghan that I can't wait to post... but I need to get a few more stripes in there before it's impressive enough to really be talking about.  Now that the days have calmed down a bit (after last week's flurry of school activities and the weekend's festivities) I'm back to my regular posting schedule, so more soon!


1 comment:

punkychewster said...

i admire anyone that can knit or crochet. i can't wait to see pictures of your finished afghan!