Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An Homage to Getting Organized

As the mayhem of grad school begins to die down (knock on wood!) I am relishing the act of organization.  Piles and piles of papers have been removed from the nooks in which they were crammed. Mountains of abandoned notes have been deposited in the recycling bin. After two and a half years of rushing around, I am regaining a semblance of put-togetherness and it feels like a million bucks.

And so, I give you the classic "What's In My Bag" post! I've been able to downsize from a clunky messenger since I'm not hauling twelve books on any given day.  Here's a glimpse at a newly streamlined life:

1. Bag (Target)
2. Powermint Tic Tacs
3. Sunglasses (thrifted)
4. BART Card
5. Stamps 
6. Wallet (thrifted)
7. "Gravity's Rainbow" by Thomas Pynchon
8. Burt's Bees Hand Salve
9. Antique compact (thrifted)
10. Moleskine Reporter's Notebook and Pencil
11. iPhone
12. Business Card Holder
13. Lip Gloss (Sephora - Natural Shine)
14. Flip Cam


What's in YOUR bag? ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything about you is so wonderfully charming, including the contents of your purse. PS I love the juxtaposition of the thrifted items and the technology of the iPhone. :) How very postmodern of you!

Danielle said...

I've been getting organized too! It's so nice to get rid of unwanted/unneeded things. I love your purse! I got a similar one from Target just a few weeks ago.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

really cute bag. and target! so cute! im a handbagaholic.

sohirach said...

i love that purse, and i really need to get organized. :/

love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com