Friday, August 19, 2011

"A Tiny Bit Extra"

Hello, Conceptual Receptionists!

Thank you all so much for the sweet, encouraging comments on my last post. The final reading of my thesis went really well, and I got to spend some much needed time celebrating with people I love.  Delicious food was eaten, movies were watched, champagne was cheers-ed. Oh, and I got a "congratulations-you-did-it" package in the mail!
Moms are amazing.
The owl hot-pad and towels have made my kitchen extra-awesome, and the banana notepad, note cards, and travel mug helped me get back to work with a smile on my face. 

I feel like a million bucks... and already have a list a mile long of what I want to do with my shiny new free-time. (I'd love to share it with you this weekend. I need help deciding what giant project to get all stoked about next!)

Right now, though, I'm getting everything ready for when my sister arrives in San Francisco tonight! It's going to be a wonderful weekend.

I want to leave you with some good advice I received this week.  "No matter what you're doing, always do just a tiny bit extra, even if it's just smiling through a moment you dislike.  If you do this, you will shine like a beacon."

9 comments:

Danny said...

That shirt is so cute! And, about those "Thick Mints"...they look delicious. Please save one for me to devour.

Word verification: mister. K.

April said...

owls are my favorite!!! looks like a great package!
xoxo

Bre said...

I love getting surprise packages like that in the mail. Looks like you got some good stuff :)

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

when my sister did her thesis she told me its like writing 4 10 page papers :)

Awww your mom is so sweet for sending you a package :) and your sister is coming to town! sounds like the great start to a wonderful weekend. take lots of pictures I can't wait to hear all about it.

Liesl said...

So glad your thesis went so well! Woo Hoo!!! Loving your little congratulations package you got from your mother too...they are the best! Mine used to send things like that when I was in school and to my friends too! Love it! :)

Liesl :)

elledoubleyouu said...

What a sweet package! I adore the owls.

♥ LW

Meghan said...

my first read-through of your ending quote read to me as "shine like BACON." You can bet that made me smile. Sooo proud of you, still!

Meghan said...

I need a care package, too!
Can you go to Quidquid blog and vote for my entry as to why I should have a pair of hot pink converse shoes?

http://quidquidquidquid.blogspot.com/2011/08/who-shall-rock-kicks.html

i only want to be as cool as you...

Meg said...

Aw, congrats! And such sweet pressies. :)