Sunday, July 31, 2011

Trip to the Market: A Color Post

It's Sunday, Conceptual Receptionists!

I am happy to announce that I did a guest post today over at Whimsical Poppysmic for the lovely Chrissy, who is in transit to a new home in Germany. It seems there was a bit of a "hitch in the giddy-up" with the photos, so I've re-posted here with visuals included!

xoxoxox

Today, I've decided to take you on a little weekend trip to the amazing Alemany Farmers' Market. Always on the hunt for inspiration, I have found the market to be one of the best places to pick up a creative boost.  This time around, I focused on the lush, vibrant colors that are making summer in California absolutely eye-popping.  I'm excited to share with you some of my favorite Saturday sights.

My produce-hunting partner-in-crime and I left extra early so we'd have plenty of room for perusing.  Nick and I have attended many a farmers' market, but Alemany was certainly the most impressive.


The display of rainbow chard was one of my top favorite finds. (Admittedly, I'd never even heard of rainbow chard before. But now I'm totally smitten!)


These hand-woven baskets were rocking a very similar color scheme... Hmmmm...


Delicious, delicious dried fruit was purchased. Lots of it. Can you blame us?


These fresh peaches came straight from Hollister. I couldn't get enough of their branded crates.


The fresh herbs are always of particular interest to me, avid basil-lover that I am.  I bought the cutest little bundle of fresh lavender, which is making my apartment smell glorious.


More veggies than you can shake a stick at! We bought an impressive amount of tomatoes that were mouth-wateringly amazing.  (I was too scared to try the spicy-looking peppers below...)


Is there anything like beautiful organic food, sweet people, and a good dose of summer sun to get the creative buzz going?  Thanks for coming on a mini-vacation to California! What are your favorite quick trips for getting recharged?


6 comments:

Sécia Mischke said...

Stopping by from FTLOB. This looks amazing!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Danny said...

Your farmers' market outfit is ADORABLE.

Word verification: press (as in, them other bitches are pressed at how well you rock 80s-inspired sweater)

Sar said...

Rainbow chard? Never even heard of it, but awesome!

Also, San Francisco (and California) rocks. I'm envious that you live in such a beautiful place!

Just stopping by for Comment Love Sunday. Love your blog!
-Sarah

TriGirl said...

Stopping by from Comment Love. Oh how i love the farmer's market. And rainbow chard is delicious!

wv: stesticl...heh

Danielle said...

Mhmm...that food is making me hungry. Those peaches look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, these photos are so awesome! I would have bought like 7 baskets of those peaches :) And the rainbow chard is beautiful! It sounds like something used in fancy recipes on Top Chef. I love farmers markets :)
And you look just adorable!