Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Finished Ripple-Stitch Blanket: Purples and Pink

As promised, here is my newest finished project! This is my medium-sized blanket (about 2.5 feet by 4 feet) and it's extra stretchy and soft. (I put Coco in the last picture for a bit of perspective.)




One step closer as I stock up for the opening of ... my Etsy shop! I can't wait to realize this goal I've had for such a long time, and it feels so good to be getting nearer all the time. 

Speaking of which, tonight I'm sitting in on an online workshop via Scatter Girls called "Setting Up Shop 101." This is just the push I need in the right direction and I'm ready to take tons of notes. So glad to have found these ladies who are totally in the know about getting things going!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW! you made that?!?! That is so beautiful! How did you make the stitches all zigzaggy? That is so pretty and unique!

Marla said...

Beautiful!! Well done Karen!! :)

♥ Nadine said...

Wow, that is really neat! Really great work, Karen!!
Well, that is all a bit exciting, not? Best of luck tonight, sounds like an awesome chance. :)

Here's to a happy week. XO.

Danielle said...

i've attempted to make a blanket similar to that. i got impatient and gave up so kudos to you for sticking with it! i love the finished product!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

WOOHOO turned out great :) you made that thing fast!

Anonymous said...

okay that is some serious skill!!

Chrissy said...

Wow, it is beautiful! I totally love it! xxx

Kristin said...

This is gorgeous! Reminds me of my favorite blanket my gram stitched for me when I was little :D Love the zig-zag to it!

shannon*bear said...

Hiya Karen! Thanks for stopping by my blog! LOVE your blanket, it's so so so pretty. I love the colors you chose! It's going to be awesome for some winter time snuggles!

xo Shannon

A Lost Feather said...

Oh my goodness, so beautiful! I love those colors together. Can't wait to see your new etsy shop!!

sohirach said...

GREAT blog! it is so interesting and inspirational! if you get the chance to check out mine, I would love to see what you think of it!:)

follow me?
www.so--hi.blogspot.com