Friday, July 22, 2011

Weekend Pep Talk: An Inspiration Post

"Friday" has a whole new meaning for me.  Rather than a work-week respite and park lounge-fest, the weekend has become my prime time for getting writing done.  Knowing that I've got another three day poetry bender about to unfold, I've been gathering my wits about me and stocking up on enough inspiration to carry me through until Monday.So today, I thought I would share two of my current favorite artists with you.  I hope this puts a creative skip in your step for the next few days!

Photographer Kimberley Akrig:

In her own words, this Vancouver photographer "aims to find the unusual in the usual, searches out the beautiful in the everyday, and wants to make you look at things in a different way."  Aren't the colors unbelievable?




Graphic Artist Ruben Ireland:

I can't get enough of this UK artist/illustrator's work.  His tools include "ink, acrylic, dirty water, foods, weathered paper as well as Photoshop and wacom tablet."  I was really excited to see that his work has been printed onto laptop and iPhone skins, and his site has tons of buyable prints.  My apartment needs some Ruben Ireland, I think.



Have a beautiful and productive weekend!

5 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

so inspiring- I love the wonder and magic with both artists :) have a super weekend.

Molly D said...

Loving the Ziggy Stardust look in the top photo and the top right illustration would be such a cool iPad skin... If I had an iPad :)

Danielle said...

i love the first photo - the colors are amazing. very inspiring!

alex said...

Oh my gosh! The photography is amazing! I definitely need to check this artist out! Thanks a lot for sharing!

Anonymous said...

im obsessed with that first photo! can't take my eyes off it! can't wait to read more of your blog.:)