Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reading / Writing / Dating Can o' Worms

((via))
Having been home sick this week, I've spent a lot of time catching up on blogs, online treasure-hunting, and the giant pile of books/journals/zines next to my bed.  I wanted to share two serendipitous things that I happened upon.

The first is a short, clever blurb called "Date a Girl Who Reads," which can be found here.

Moments later, I came across "Never Date a Writer," thanks to my lovely friend Kelley.  Read it here.

How strange, to come upon these back-to-back!  As someone who considers herself to be both an avid reader and writer (and who has been the recipient of a great deal of information regarding what it's like to "date a poet") I found myself invested, quick reads though they be.  And collectively, the two pieces certainly provide some interesting food for thought.

7 comments:

Danny said...

Great reads! Hope you start to feel better so we can hang out the very next moment!

Word verification: ducionsa. How chic.

♥ Nadine said...

Thanks for sharing, very interesting. And talk about coincidences, huh? :)

Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I love yours, too.

Cheers to the new friendship. XOXO.

Kelly said...

Both made me want to cry for completely different reasons.

Anonymous said...

Aww, that second piece made me so gloomy. This gentleman shouldn't throw all lady writers into the same boat though. It sounds like he just got a rotten lady writer, and she would be rotten whether she were a writer or not.

I hope you feel better very soon!

Meghan said...

That mug makes me tingly inside

punkychewster said...

hey! thanks for the follow! glad to find another like-minded soul on the blogosphere. you remind me to pick up reading again. i got so caught up with my crafts i'm never gonna make it to my 30 books target this year :(

and 30 isn't a lot!

i'm heading to the library tomorrow! if you have any good reads to recommend let me know!

elledoubleyouu said...

These hit so close to home for me! I am these girls (it seems we all are).

The second one made me feel hopeful rather than sad, though, because how wonderful is it to find a guy who knows you well enough to know that you're writing everything as it happens, to know that your line between fiction and reality is constantly a little blurred, and who loves you anyway? He was obviously writing from a place of sadness, but I still felt the love in it and it was beautiful.

♥ LW

http://elledoubleyouu.blogspot.com