Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Tuesday Trifecta (No. 2)

Or: The  feature in which I get all kinds of excited about three new favorite things!

1)  Journalist Jon Ronson.

I don't have much time to read "for fun" these days, but so many of my favorite book blogs recommended Jon Ronson's "The Psychopath Test" that I had to see what the hype was all about.   For a nonfiction book with such a doom-tastic title, I found it incredibly humorous and thought-provoking, and I inhaled it in three days.  

via
To give you a bit of a taste, here's a quote that has been swimming around in my head:

"There is no evidence that we've been placed on this planet to be especially happy or especially normal.  And in fact... our strangeness, our anxieties and compulsions, those least fashionable aspects of our personalities are quite often what lead us to do rather interesting things." 


This gorgeous photography website features seriously spine-tingling shots of abandoned spaces of all types.  From submarines to movie theaters, these photographers have gotten up close to the eerily gorgeous. 


3) Pesto Tofu Scrambles.

After our initial fling at Saturday brunch, I can officially announce that we are in love.  I'm not even kidding when I say that this is The Most Delicious Breakfast. I found a great recipe here.

via

8 comments:

I N D A said...

I like the title of the book. I think it's funny, actually. After I'm done with my night table pile this will be my next purchase. Thanks for recommending books!

elledoubleyouu said...

What an interesting quote...so many people really do live their lives feeling anxious because they are not as "happy" or "normal" as they think they're supposed to be. But who says what we're supposed to be?

I am definitely going to look add the book to my list! Thanks :)

♥ Nadine said...

Ah, I never heard of that book before. But I'm gonna check it out asap, because it sounds really interesting!!
And thanks for telling me about these eerie pictures, I'm gonna go dive all into it right now. I once read a book called 'Papertowns', which is exactly about those kind of places... :)

P.S.: The parcel to you is on its way.

XOXO.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

my fav tofu scramble is curry power and cumin. so good!

Dana Fox said...

Urban Ghosts Media is so cool :)
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

Anonymous said...

Urban Ghosts?! Oh my gosh, I am 100% checking that out. Sorry, workday, you are no longer important. I am kind of obsessed with ghosts. In an I-hope-they-exist-but-not-in-my-apartment kind of way. And the first book sounds interesting too! I love new summer reads. You are awesome :)

Danielle said...

i've never had a tofu scramble but pesto tofu sounds delicious!

A Lost Feather said...

I recently heard about that book.. Funny! Guess that means I should read it too :) and I love abandoned space photos.. So interesting